N+001 . Saele Valese . IVIC
- CAT. #: N+001
- Saele Valese
NOTON signs Italian-born, Bern-based sound-artist and producer Saele Valese.
In IVIC, his debut LP, Saele Valese, distills hauntological noise, droning tonal experiments and minimalist rhythms into a series of electro-acoustic-wave ventures written over five years in Berlin, Saas-Fee and Thun.
Drawing influences from the psychoacoustic properties of the live album format, IVIC’s 11 tracks were mixed and recorded live on DAT cassettes and through DAW experimentation, without the possibility to revise the fina recordings. Valese adopted this approach to conceptually propose reconciliations between the irreversibility of the past, and acceptance of its residuals in the present. The track titles themselves follow this pathos, citin the works of the American photographer Francesca Woodman and the poet Sylvia Plath.
In Your Rosary and You Cannot See Me From Where I Look At Myself were previously released on vinyl via Saele Valese’s own imprint, JSMË. The artist dedicates the track You Cannot See Me From Where I Look At Myself 4 to the memory of Marco Bacher. Artwork designed by Carsten Nicolai. Mastering by Matt Colton (Metropolis Studios, London).
01. In your rosary 1
02. In your rosary 2
03. You cannot see me from where i look at myself 1
04. You cannot see me from where i look at myself 2
05. You cannot see me from where i look at myself 3
06. You cannot see me from where i look at myself 4
07. Horse the color of rust 1
08. Horse the color of rust 2
09. Horse the color of rust 3
10. Horse the color of rust 4
11. Kept in the night by the light of the moon